Looking for extra math practice or enrichment?
Registration for SMART’s winter term for 2nd through 5th graders in Oak Park and River Forest is open through January 20. Program highlights are:
- Courses: SMART will offer both “regular” and “advanced” classes. “Regular” classes focus on grade-level material and are targeted at students with MAP scores below the 75th percentile, while “advanced” classes go beyond grade-level material and are targeted at students above the 75th percentile. Parents can choose whichever class they prefer.
- Curriculum: Teachers will use new material, so it won’t be a repeat for students who have participated before.
- Class format: The classes will continue to be taught over Zoom by D97 teachers.
- Cost: It is $72 for the 6-week term. Financial aid is available.
- Dates: Classes start the week of January 30 and go through March 10.
- Class times: Each class will meet once a week, and each course will be offered at two different times. The schedule is:
- 2nd grade (regular): Wed 5:15-6:15 or Thurs 6:00-7:00pm
- 2nd grade (advanced): Tues 4:00-5:00 or Wed 6:15-7:15pm
- 3rd grade (regular): Wed 5:00-6:00 or Thurs 6:00-7:00pm
- 3rd grade (advanced): Tues 5:00-6:00 or Wed 4:00-5:00pm
- 4th grade (regular): Tues 5:00-6:00 or Thurs 7:00-8:00pm
- 4th grade (advanced): Tues 6:00-7:00 or Wed 7:00-8:00pm
- 5th grade (regular): Tues 4:00-5:00 or Thurs 4:00-5:00pm
- 5th grade (advanced): Tues 7:00-8:00 or Wed 6:00-7:00pm
Register at https://www.smart-oakpark.org/